1. General: This Agreement is between the person signing it, or otherwise indicating assent as the car renter (“you,” “your” or “yours”) and ZADART LLC (“we,” “us,” “our” or “ours”) and covers the rental of each car by us to (“rental”). You understand that these Terms and Conditions will apply to each rental of a car to you by us, as fully as if contained in a separate agreement signed by you. You agree and understand that your obligations under this Agreement are personal and are not assignable or transferable by you. The terms of this Agreement are governed by the law of the State of Washington
2. Zadart Location Tracking: Some vehicles are equipped with in-car devices which monitor vehicle diagnostics and can be accessed remotely without your knowledge.
3. Meaning of Car: The word “car” means the vehicle rented to you or its replacement and includes tires, tools, equipment, keys, accessories, plates and car documents.
4. Only you may drive the car. You represent that you are a capable and validly licensed driver. You agree that we have the right to verify that your license has been validly issued and is in good standing; and that we may in our sole discretion refuse to rent to you if your license has been suspended, revoked, otherwise restricted in any way, or if your driving record is unsatisfactory to us without refunding you the rental fees.
5. Return of the Car: You agree to return the car to us in the same condition you received it, on the due date and at the time and to the location specified by you at the time of rental. You must return it sooner upon our demand. If you return it earlier or later, a different or higher rate may apply and, if returned later, you may also be charged a late return fee. You may not return the car at a time when we are closed. If you wish to extend any rental you must contact us to request it before your return date. We may or may not grant an extension or decline to grant it for the entire period you request in our sole discretion. If we do grant an extension a different or higher rate may be applied to the extension period; and a service fee may also apply.
6. Rental Charges: You will pay for the number of miles/kilometers you drive and the period of time you rent the car at the rate provided to you by the reservation system at the time of reservation. You’ll pay all charges that apply to the rental for miscellaneous services and, where permitted, airport facility fees and/or concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fees, tolls, repossession costs, other fees and surcharges. You will also pay a reasonable fee for cleaning the car’s interior upon return for excessive stains, dirt, soilage, smell, or smoke attributable to your use as determined solely by us.
7. Start of Rental: The rental commences when you receive the keys to the designated car from us
8. Repossessing the Car: We may repossess the car anytime it is found illegally parked, being used to violate the law or this Agreement, or appears to be abandoned. We may also repossess the car anytime we discover you made a misrepresentation to obtain the car.
9. Prohibited Use of the Car: Certain uses of the car and other things you or a driver may do, or fail to do, will violate this Agreement. A VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WHICH INCLUDES USE OF THE CAR BY AN UNAUTHORIZED DRIVER, WILL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE YOUR RENTAL. IT ALSO MAKES YOU LIABLE TO US FOR ALL PENALTIES, FINES, FORFEITURES, LIENS AND RECOVERY AND STORAGE COSTS, INCLUDING ALL RELATED LEGAL EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS. It is a violation of this paragraph if: A. You use or permit the car to be used: 1) by anyone other than an authorized driver, as defined in paragraph 4 above; 2) to carry passengers or property for hire; 3) to tow or push anything; 4) to be operated in a test, race or contest, or on unpaved roads; 5) while the driver is under the influence of alcohol and/or a controlled substance; 6) for conduct that could properly be charged as a crime such as a felony or misdemeanor, including the transportation of a controlled substances, contraband or any other instrument or device that is considered unlawful to possess.; 7) carelessly, recklessy or while overloaded; 8) outside Washington state. B. You or an additional driver, authorized or not: 1) fail to report any damage to or loss of the car when it occurs, or when you learn of it but, barring physical incapacity, in no event delayed more than 24 hours; 2) fail to promptly provide us with a written accident/ incident report or fail to cooperate fully with our investigation; 3) obtained the car through fraud or misrepresentation; 4) Leave the car unattended for any duration of time while the vehicle engine is operating, or leave the keys or key-fob(s) in the vehicle, or lock all windows, doors and the trunk, and the car is stolen or vandalized. 5) return the car after hours and the car is damaged, stolen or vandalized or otherwise failed to take reasonable steps to secure the vehicle, its keys or other remote entry and starting devices.
10. Roadside Assistance: Zadart does not offer roadside assistance.
11. Insurance, Hold & Incidentals A. Zadart does not offer Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or any other kind of insurance product to protect you. You are liable to all forms of damage to the car, to our business, to any other property and to any bodily injury you cause to us or others. B. You must have a valid car insurance that covers rental cars with full protection for us, the car, and third parties. You must provide us with a proof of such insurance and a valid driver’s license before you take possession of the car. Failure to produce proof of said insurance at the time of rental will result in cancelation of the rental without any refund. C. You agree to have us maintain a hold on your credit card to cover for incidental costs. These costs can include insurance, gas, tolls, various fees by us and others, service, fines, bills unpaid by you, any damage to the car, and any other cost that you are liable for. D. You agree to let Zadart charge your credit card for any and all of the costs described herein at our discretion and with explicit or additional consent from you. You acknowledge and agree that these charges may exceed the hold placed on your credit card. E. You agree the costs described in herein will be determined by Zadart, and may be discovered after you already returned the car and left the premises. F. You further agree to let Zadart keep the hold on your credit card for up to 30 days after you returned the car.
12. Damage to/Loss of the Car: You are responsible for any loss or damage to the car while in your possession and you will pay us for all loss of or damage to the car regardless of cause, or who, or what caused it. If the car is damaged, you will pay our estimated repair cost, or if, in our sole discretion, we determine to sell the car in its damaged condition, you will pay the difference between the car’s retail fair market value before it was damaged and the sale. If the car is stolen and not recovered you will pay the car’s fair market value before it was stolen. You authorize us to charge you for the actual cost of repair or replacement of lost or damaged items such as glass, mirrors, tires and antenna, as part of your rental charges at the time of return. As part of our loss, you’ll also pay for loss of use of the car, without regard to our fleet utilization, plus an administrative fee, plus towing and storage charges, if any (“Incidental Loss”). If your responsibility is covered by any insurance, you will provide us with the name of the insurer and policy number, or if the insurance is provided by your card issuer, its insurer. You authorize us to process any or all of our Incidental Loss to your card at or after the completion of your rental. You also authorize us to collect any or all of our loss from any third party that is responsible for it. You understand that you are not authorized to repair or have the car repaired without our express prior written consent. 14. Cancelation of Reservation: You may cancel your reservation with a full refund within 72 hours after payment but not later than 21 days before the car rental is to start. Cancelations outside that window of time will not be refunded.